Ferrets biting

Frank Bartlett

Aug 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/12/98
I to keep down now have my first two ferrets -twelve weeks old - poleys -
identical sisters - excepts that one seems to regard me as food and the
other as a friend. How do I discourage biting? The blood is spoiling my
carpet.

In England we tend to have ferrets to keep down the rabbit population -
sometimes bolting rabbits to nets, sometimes to guns and sometimes to
falcons. Is there any hunting with ferrets in the U.S.?

Frank

Charles Floyd

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98
Frank,

First, try to find some great stuff called Bitter Apple, I'm not sure if
they sell it over there or not but it tastes(to me anyway) like cologne in
your mouth (YUCK) you just spray it on your hands and they won't lick em or
bite 'em you just have to do it a couple time from what I've heard.
Secondly, In Texas there is no Ferret "assisted" hunting that I know of, and
I really don't think it's allowed in the country. As a matter of fact I
know that only a few states allow hunting deer with dogs, the only truly
animal assisted(chasing) hunting I know of that's allowed almost everywhere
is Bird, water fowl, and the like.

take care,
Chuck and Alex
Frank Bartlett wrote in message <6qt8ft$fbv$1...@apple.news.easynet.net>...
>I How do I discourage biting? >In England we tend to have ferrets to

keep down the rabbit population -

MJennD518

Aug 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/13/98
LOL, in the US people do all the hunting...we don't need ferrets to do it!!
Jennifer